Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Truck Camper Tops

I saw the kind of topper I want for my truck! This is on a little Isuzu truck just down the road from me.

A couple of shots of the inside to give me an idea of the room available in one like this:

I'm thinking about how I could make a bed platform that goes just above the wheel humps. That would give me storage room under the platform and a twin air bed on top. I measured the camper top and I think I would still have decent head room sitting on the bed on top of a platform like I'm thinking about.
with a bed platform, I could put the twin mattress up against one side (39" wide) and still have 15" available on the other side for storage. I'm also thinking about how to construct practical shelving up along the sides to give me options for storing everything securely.

Here is one used topper that I did locate online. It is only $430 installed, but I would have to go to Ft. Walton Beach, Florida to get it . . . ROADTRIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: